Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mat Nieuwenhoven Mat Nieuwenhoven is offline

Default Decent quality wireless lapel mic system (used OK) $200???

On Thu, 3 May 2018 06:45:58 -0400, Mike Rivers wrote:

On 5/3/2018 6:06 AM, Mat Nieuwenhoven wrote:
Recently I chatted with an audio engineer of a local non-profit
station, which is always short on budget. Their reporters don't use
dedicated equipment, they use everybody's own smartphone with a
cardioid mike plugged in. I forgot to ask which types of mike, he did
say that most people preferred a handheld because it gives them
something to hold/hide behind.

That's fine if you're recording, but if you need a live mic, that won't
work. Watchdog hasn't told us what he's using this wireless system for,
so we don't know if recording for later playback is an option. I
suspect, however, that if he wants to use a clip-on mic rather than the
head worn mic he has (that works), recording isn't his primary application.

I'm fairly sure this was about live, because they used it instead of
expensive reporter sets which had an antenne on them. You wouldn't
need antennas if the reporter recorded the sound.

Mat Nieuwenhoven