jdavyd williams

Ivan Bertolla wrote:
Hi great newsgroup here
Im working on some production music at the moment and wanted to ask some
fellow guitarists or engineers on your method of recording guitars.
i dont believe you need a skyscraper of racks to get a great metal tone..
The sort of sound Im after is something similar to Symphony X guitar sound
and that rammsteins sound

Im having a resonable amount of success and not far off. I think I still
have to work on Eqs...Im also using the old trick of shoving a small amp
into a cupboard etc and micing it up ,also using valve amps running through
SM57 mic into a G5 mack via an audio interface... and also combining the POD
pro XT for a little more warmth . So ive got about 10 tracks of guitar now
layered ...
Just wondering how everyone else records here ..

--
Regards

Ivan

Richard from rammstein has always been clear about doubling his parts
with the Sansamp. if you're having to add a POD for warmth i'd be
questioning if you're using the right amp in the first place... but
that's just me being a tone queen.

another thing to think about - lots of folks make the mistake of
"scooping" out the mids and think that is the key to sounding "heavy."
DON'T do this - listen to Rammstein - the guitar is mixed nearly
completely in the mids.

having a strong, solid bass guitar sound is very important too, and not
to be taken lightly.

best of luck,