Posted to comp.misc,rec.audio.tech
Larry Sheldon Larry Sheldon is offline

Default [CM] Headphones - Hearing aids

On 4/23/2017 04:02, geoff wrote:
On 23/04/2017 2:28 PM, Trevor wrote:
.

I must have missed where ANYONE suggested otherwise?

I got the impression that your whole angle in this topic was to
trivialise the value of the input of the audiology profession.

Well it might have been. Years ago I spent a fortune on a hearing aid
(to try and silence family members trained to taunt me about my vanity)
that did no good from day one, and did no good a bunch of (a thousand?)
dollars later. (My reports of feeling pressure in that ear did finally
trigger some defensive medicine but I decided to separate myself and
save everybody good money by not sending it after bad.)

Years later, in another panic medicine episode I stumbled and the
cardiologist went full panic, and that eventually led to a
claustrophobes nightmare (MRI) that disclosed a tumor
(schwasomething-or-other) that had destroyed, irrevocably, the nerve in
that ear. An that destruction had almost certainly occurred when the
materials in the hearing aid were still undisturbed in some bucolic
countryside somewhere.

--
quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
-- Juvenal