Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_] Kevin McMurtrie[_3_] is offline

Default PCM Stereo or DTS HELP

In article ,
Julian Macassey wrote:

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 19:26:00 +0000, bkluk7
wrote:

My Audio setup: Blu Ray player to 5.1 Yamaha Receiver via digital coax.

I realize that PC M is an uncompressed format that should sound better
than DTS or Dolby Digital. However, while watching a Blu Ray last night,
something didn't sound quite right with the surround sound. Movie
dialogue was alternating between the center channel and L/R speakers,
and the SL and SR didn't seem to be working correctly.

Choose Stereo good for people with two ears.

5.1 and 7.1 don't downmix to stereo well. At the least you need a 3.0
system with the speaker configuration properly programmed in. This is
why most videos have a separate soundtrack that was mastered
specifically for stereo.

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.