Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default 360 Shortcut

wrote:
Hi. I have an old Shortcut SC-182 with a noisy HDD. Does anyone have the format HDD instructions for this device. Any information about HDD size and specs would be great.

It should be in the manual on a special colored sheet! If your sheet has
been pulled out, call 360 systems and they'll tell you! I don't remember
what the secret key sequence on power-up is.

As far as I know, just about any scsi drive made in the past decade will work
fine. It needs to be able to deal with 512kB sectors and it needs a certain
seek time, but I don't think you'll find any drives outside of a museum that
cannot meet those specs.