Peter Hewitt-Dutton

Default Vanessa Carlton's Drummer

Personally I like the CD, but I do agree with you on the drumming, I was
amazed, across most of the album, not just the two tracks you pointed out.
I saw her at Manchester Academy earlier in the year, and the drumming then
was just as good.

"Jimmy Lee" wrote in message
Maybe you are a Vanessa Carlton fan, and maybe not. I have her one CD, and

like two songs on it. One is called "Ordinary Day" and the other is called
"A Thousand Miles." The rest really sucks from my point of view. But

anyhow,
I am struck by the drumming on those two tracks. That guy is just an

animal,
and quite the tasteful "artiste." I have no clue who he is, but I listen

those songs again and again because of the tastefulness of the drums. He
knows the songs and drums accordingly, when most drummers seem to just

PLOD
(listen to any Elton John the past decade??? boom a chuck a boom a chuck,
YAWN).

They sound damn good too. However it was recorded, they nailed it

hardcore.
N-A-I-L-E-D I-T. Too bad the rest of the CD sucked so bad. You know what
they say: "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

JL
www.cdbaby.com/jimmylee