Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Digital Audio Restoration

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 3:22:14 PM UTC-4, Scott Dorsey wrote:
None wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
RMS power is often mis-used to mean average power.
This is true but we have given up fighting that battle 40 years ago.

I don't know whether that's a "royal we" or you have a mouse in your
pocket, but in my day job, I'm not very tolerant of sloppy terminology
or sloppy dimensional analysis. It very frequently makes a difference.
RMS power, "cycles" or "centigrade" as units, "phase" for polarity,
and the like, don't appear on any document to which I contribute or
provide approval.

I'm too busy yelling at people for using "wire" to mean cable, using
"comping" to mean compression, calling plug-in power "phantom" or speaking
of "filming" when they are shooting video to worry about "RMS Power."

I thought it was the medication G doctor who was only in error, but even you use K when it should be k! Ok!

Jack