Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On 3/11/2011 12:14 PM, Doug McDonald wrote:
On 3/7/2011 7:46 AM, Arny Krueger wrote:

snip

I too still have a CDP101 that plays disks, with a little nudge to the drawer.

It still sounds fine. But, caveat, at my age my hearing is dead at 14 kHz.

But, in an off-topic note ... let's talk speakers. Now there are real
differences!

I wonder why they are not more discussed!

Maybe because speakers really *do* sound different, so they're not as
much fun to argue about? :-)

I think such discussions would prove interesting, although mayhap we're
a minority. Here in Phoenix Az, 4th largest city, we now have 2 (3 if
you count two locations of one company) high end stereo shops left.
That's it. When I decided last year to upgrade my venerable B&W Matrix
802's, my local demo options were *real* limited. Have to go to
southern Cal to have any real variety. I'm very happy the the Wilson
Sophia 2's that I purchased, but I have a real thing for the Andra -
visually - sure would've been nice to be able to compare.

Keith