Les

"jeffc" wrote in message
news

"MZ" wrote in message

No, I'm implying that ALL amplifiers are "perfect".

Well, you're wrong. There is no such thing as a perfect amplifier.

Every amplifier I've benched exhibits this tendency - even
the el cheapo models.

Your test equipment isn't perfect either. Sorry.

And where do you get this from? Test equipment that can measure the change
in signal is way beyond what our ears can detect. How is it not?

Note that by "perfect" I mean that the level of distortion is well below

(at
least one order of magnitude) what's considered audible.

Well, that's quite a different thing. We know for a fact that all
amplifiers produce signals that distort the original. Claiming that these
distortions can be measured would be akin to claiming that you can count

the
number of molecules in a glass of water, which is silly.

No, your analogy is silly. You are attempting to compare an apple to a
muffler. These distortions CAN be measured and HAVE been measured numerous
times. Measuring voltage and current is not really that hard. Where does
your distrust in test equipment come from?

Yet according to
you, these devices measure with complete precision. The bottom line is

that
you're just guessing as to the accuracy of test equipment vs. the human

ear,
simply because you haven't heard otherwise.

What is there to hear otherwise? You either know that the test equipment can
measure differences that we cannot hear or you believe in some wild
mysterious immeasureable component to audio that people know how to acheive
but cannot explain what it is or how they acheived it.

Les