Captain Howdy

Default Clean Power?

How does that saying go? An amplifier is only as good as its power supply. I
for one can sure as hell hear a difference between the "cheap" amps and
"costly" amps as I have stated below. If Mark thinks that all amps have the
same exact power supplies in them, then that works out great for him, at least
he can get away with running cheap amps while we have to pay a lot more to
make our ears just as happy. I have owned enough different amps in my time
(cheap and costly ones) to know that all amps don't yield the same sound
quality. Here's a page about power supplies and sound quality, it's written
around home amplifiers, but the same rules apply to car amps as well.
http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ssps1_e.html

In article k.net, "Pug
Fugley" wrote:
That's mainly a product of the power supply. But Zarella seems to think that
ALL amps have the same exact power supplies in them for some reason.