Captain Howdy

Default Clean Power?

I don't understand how this could be a wattage issue, since this is an
auditable difference at low volume levels. A few years ago I was running a
1200 watt 4 channel Pyramid bridged in to a pair of 4ohm 12's and it powered
them nice and loud, but there just wasn't any low bass at low volume levels.
Then I replaced it with a Kicker IX704 amp which had loads of grindage at low
volume levels. But oddly enough it did not hit as hard at high volume levels.
It's not just the Pyramid, I have a pair of Profile amps here that act the
same way.

In article , "Mark Zarella"
wrote:
What I have found with so called cheap amps such as Profile, Jensen and
Pyramid is that you have to crank the hell out of them to get deep bass.

Where
more costly amps such as Orion, Kicker, PPI and MTX seem to produce deeper
bass at lower volume levels. I also found that these cheaper amps seem to

run
a lot hotter. The only reason for this that I can think of is an

inadequate
power supply.

No, that's not a problem. Every "cheap" amp I've ever tested has a flat
frequency response down to 20 Hz (lower in fact). This is well documented
actually. What you're undoubtedly experiencing is a lack of power. Use a
bigger "cheap" amp and you won't run into this.