Peter Larsen

Default sub $2000 rackmount mixer for project studio -- mic pre opinions

Straatocastoer wrote:

ed "are considered" ed

Yes, my 'are considered' remarks are a reflection of opinions that I
have read and heard. I am a newbie compared to the experience of the
posters on rec.audio.pro, and I value your opinions -- whether or not
I make practical use of those opinions is my discretion, right?

Peoples opinions about the sound of some equipment can tell you what to
listen for, but not whether it is "a problem" in the context of your use
of said equipment.

I have listened to the products that I can, and I find that the
differences are hard to detect at some degree -- BUT I am also finding
that the longer I use equipment, and the more experience I gather, my
hearing becomes more sensitive and my tastes more refined.

Yeees. Take care that you still have a sense of hearing when you have
learned to use it.

I'd love to go out and fill my mic locker with U87's and Telefunken

I wouldn't, they are useless to my kind of recording.

products to run through an SSL board

SSL is like a Yamaha piano, it is great at doing things.

Thanks!

Oh, you are most welcome. Asking questions and finding the right
approach to solving whatever one needs to get solved saves grief and
reduces the number of erroneus purchases made.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen