Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Fabio Berutti[_2_] Fabio Berutti[_2_] is offline

Default Which way would You try to sell a 300B SE?

Dear fellow Rodents,

I have not posted anything for a few years but it's nice to see that
ol'guys are still around. I'd need just a suggestion: I spent so
many years playing with tubes that my home is a total mess and I
need to get some of my amps OUT before I can make a new one and
carry it IN. The first one to go should be a 300B SE driven by
triode-strapped 4P1L through interstage transformers.
All tubes are Svetlana NOS and all iron comes from Hammond "classic"
series.
It is completed by its pre-amp, based on a couple of
transformer-loaded 27 (a beautiful couple of blue-glass Arcturus).
As You RATS can easily guess it is a pretty heavy and expensive
piece of audio gear, something I cannot sell so easily.
Btw, I'm not making my life out of it, I already have a job, but I
wouldn't like to give it away for less than the bare cost of the
parts...

Any suggestion?

Fabio (from Milan, Italy)