Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default UPDATE

David Grant wrote:

Turns out it's an audition for a competition.

Sounds to me like it deserves a professional-sounding recording. It's
cheating to make it DAW-professional (edits, punch-ins, pitch tuning,
etc) but I think it would be beneficial if the judges could listen to
the recording and imagine the singer on stage during the competition
rather than practicing in her living room (or singing a solo with the
church choir).

I've offered some of the arguements presented in this thread which convinced
the singer to spend more money and push the recording date closer to the
deadline so we have time to find a better venue.

Sounds ilke a plan You might let us know where you are. Maybe someone
knows a good venue there.

me he
)