Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Opera: Good acoustics with digital piano or bad acoustics withacoustic piano

On Dec 10, 12:27*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"muzician21" *wrote ...

What about recording the singer and real piano well in the deader
acoustics of your house and adding a tasteful amount of good digital
reverb later?

The acoustics isn't particularly about the *recording* it is about
the *performance*. For the same reason that people (not just
opera singers) like to sing in the shower, but not in an overstuffed
closet. *Classical vocal music is an *acoustic* "instrument" that
does not involve microphones in any way.

Hmm...

Also, when I said digital reverb earlier I meant to say modeled
reverb, which would render a more convincing sound of a church or
theater setting.