Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtougas[_3_] jtougas[_3_] is offline

Default Opera: Good acoustics with digital piano or bad acoustics with acoustic piano

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:19:43 -0500, "David Grant"
trained 100 monkeys to jump on the
keyboard and write:

As a safety why not record MIDI data from the keyboard as well so you can
substitute a plugin, like Ivory or something later on.
Not the same as playing the plugin live but sometimes you can get away
with
it.

Good suggestion. Actually I was gonna record a split of the line-out from
the keyboard but I might as well record MIDI as well for the extra
flexibility.

I thought about suggesting that, but ran into two things :

1) latency with the vocal mic
2) getting the reverb acoustics right will likely be a right bitch.

But if you have a good piano sample and a really good reverb, it can't
hurt.

--
jtougas

"listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go" - e.e. cummings