Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

Default Fantasy tube

In article om,
Andre Jute wrote:

And, since I would have the guy pinned down, still trying to close his
mouth, I'd impress on him the necessity of a new rectifier, twin GZ37
in one tube, i.e. a complete one-tube high voltage high current bridge
rectifier). The reason I don't choose the venerated GZ34 is that the
-37 is a better rectifier in every respect and anyway its size and
shape match the 300B bulb I've already specified above. All that heat
may need the bigger tube too than the GZ34.

Wouldn't it take something more like a triple GZ37 to make "a complete
one-tube high voltage high current bridge rectifier"? At least three
independent cathodes would be required, along with three rectifier
heater windings on the Power Transformer.

Regards,

John Byrns