Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default NOS Western Electric 417a

Woot wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:24:57 +0000, Patrick Turner wrote:

Woot wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:50:57 +0000, Patrick Turner wrote:

Woot wrote:

Are these usable in any kind of radio/audio gear? I
have maybe a dozen or so of these for sale if there is a use for them.
They were part of some things I grabbed from a telephone microwave relay
station that was being done away with. Actually have some other oddball
tubes, thermal relays inside a vacuum tube enclosure and other odd stuff
if anyone is interested. Can take and upload pictures of the stuff too.

The 417A can possibly be worth a lot of money, so place them on e-bay
or on a website for sale at what is the going rate is for second hand
417A.

Its used in preamps and is one of a few types of high transconductance
low noise triodes
liked by many audiophiles.

Patrick Turner.

Thanks for the info. I'm not out to make top dollar as any amount would be
profit since as mentioned above I grabbed these tubes along with a whole
other slew of tubes and gadgets from a microwave telephone relay station
that was being torn down back in 1992. I do however want a fair price and
maybe Ebay with a reserve price is the answer.

Its extremely unlikely that the gear was decommissioned soon after being
re-tubed.
That would be luck indeed.
But ancient old tubes that are maybe 5,000 hours old are never worth
much.

But the 417A has cult status, and much flatus has been spoken about its
wonders,
so maybe you get 20 bucks each.......

These tubes are not pulls. New in box.

Some ppl like the 417A a lot so you have something good for them eh!

Patrick Turner.