Arny Krueger

Default System warm-up

The Devil wrote:
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:03:06 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

That is usually the case. The early stages of the main part of the
power amp circuit often run off the same source as the output
devices. In other cases there is some built-in extra filtering.

http://www.citycom.gr/electronics/pr...l/100ampl5.gif
shows a fairly typical design. Everything runs off the same voltage
source as the output devices.

If by 'extra filtering' you're talking about C9 and 1, then it's not
really very useful-

I'm not talking about that at all. Sorry for any possible lack of
clarity. I intended this to be an example of a power amp where
everything runs off the same basic voltage source as the output
devices.

No, I don't understand.

What's unclear about the explanation I just gave you?

You said 'In other cases there is some
built-in extra filtering,' and you provided a link to an amp that has
local smoothing provided by capacitors 8 and 1. Now you say you
weren't 'talking about that at all'.

There is he slight matter of the sentence:

"Everything runs off the same voltage source as the output devices."

Same paragraph as the link.

As a rule, tweaks such as this just don't have any practical
technical advantages.

And of course we all know that pretty much every nominally competent
amp (in terms of measurement) sounds just like any other of same . . .

You know that, eh? I perceive a change of philosophy on your part. When did
this happen?