Mike Gilmour

Default System warm-up

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:22:56 +0100, Dave Plowman

Powell wrote:
Most audio stores will allow you to demo these devices for free so

there
is no financial risk. The cost of these units start at $200 and run up
to $4,000 depending on your needs.

For a few chokes and capacitors at most? Some people have more money than
sense. Better to buy equipment where the maker has catered for possible
mains borne interference.

Quite so. Anything with a CE mark has to adhere to pretty rigid
standards for protection against EMI susceptibility.

For a periodical review of these units check out Stereophile issue

Vol.
17 No. 12.

Love to know how you arrange for a 'dirty' mains supply to be anything
like typical.

Live in an apartment block next to a welding shop? :-)

Now that would be really unfortunate!

What constitutes 'dirty' mains anyway? What about utilities signalling
systems, mains borne baby alarms, intercom systems etc, not as invasive as
Stewarts suggestion of a neighbouring welding shop but pollution never the
less. I'm way out the in country but 'scoping my mains showed evenly
spaced spikes... tracked down to an electric fence a third of a mile away.
;-)

Mike