Posted to uk.rec.audio,alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.tech,alt.music.mp3.hardware
Scott J

Default External USB2.0 Drive Mp3 connected to a HiFi?

TT,

The Azur 640H Music Server looks interesting, but I have a few
questions/comments:
1. The Cambridge Audio site mentions "the Azur 640H music server
instantly retrieves artist, album and track information using an
advanced web-based look-up system". How accurate and reliable is this
look-up system? In ripping a large CD collection to my computer, I've
found that song info from both Gracenote CDDB and freedb can be
incorrect, incomplete, or totally missing.
2. Does the Azur 640H offer customizable folder and file naming of the
ripped tracks?
3. What kinds of lossless compressed formats can be used when ripping
or for playback (i.e. AAC lossless, WMA lossless, FLAC, etc.)
4. Is it possible to copy ripped tracks from the Azur's internal HD to
a networked PC?

Thanks,
Scott