Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Manifold Recording

mcp6453 wrote:

You may have seen articles about a world-class recording studio located in
Pittsboro, NC, of all places. It's called Manifold Recording. I had the
pleasure of touring the studio yesterday and sitting in on some rough mix
downs.

Two things that impressed me the most (other than the beauty of the place)
were the acoustic treatment that Wes Chalot was able to perform with
(some) concrete walls and hardwood floors, and the disappearing near-field
monitors. Granted, there aren't a lot of studios around any more for me to
compare, but I've been in my share, and this one is impressive.

http://manifoldrecording.com/studio.php

I post only to make you aware of the existence of the studio should you
need such a resource. I'm obviously not connected with them in any way. I
wish I were!

Looks gorgeous, and very thoughtfully designed and built.

I have rearely thought about approaches to level management for surround
mixing, but I note their 64 channel API has two faders for each input,
and not because it's an inline console.

Overview

Resettable Switch Automation, assignable per Channel or Globally
Resettable Bus Assign, assignable per Channel or Globally
Dedicated 5.1 Mix Bus
Moving Faders
Two 100mm Automated Faders on each Channel
Simultaneous Surround and Stereo Mixing
API's all Discrete Signal Path

Each Channel Features

Dual Input
Two 100mm Moving Faders on each Input
5 Channel Surround Panning on each Fader
Dedicated 5.1 Mix Bus
3 Stereo Buses
24 Main Buses
10 Aux sends

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com