Posted to rec.audio.tech
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Question: Is "128" Totally Irrelevant As A Bitrate?

On Nov 1, 3:41*pm, (Don Pearce) wrote:
On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:31:25 -0700 (PDT), ChrisCoaster

wrote:
On Oct 31, 10:53*am, ChrisCoaster wrote:
Seriously!

Aside from 1/2hour episodes of "The Shadow" or "Great Gildersleeve"
radio shows, is the greatest thing to happen in the 1990s totally
passe?

My personal mp3 download minimum is 192kbps. *For rips - 256 if it's
poppy stuff, 320 for jazz, classical, and stuff I just can't live
without. *

-ChrisCoaster

________________
Come on folks - this isn't a post about lacy lingerie or cleavage!

Seriously, I'm still finding a lot of "128"s on the web(mp3s encoded
at 128kbps). *Shouldn't such a low bitrate be outlawed?

-CC

Try encoding with AAC at 128kbits/sec and prepare to be pleasantly
surprised. MP3 is SO last millennium.

d- Hide quoted text -

Will iPods and other mp3 players be able to play them?

-ChrisCoaster