Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

wrote:

Over 100 posts, and not one of you clowns has yet to back up your
assertions about fuses being inaudible. Where did you get your degree
from, the back of a cereal box?

Over 100 posts, and you and your good buddy Yves have yet to
back up your assertions about fuses being audible. Where did
you get your degree, from a label off a rotting wedge of cheap brie?

For the rest of you, the following post from our cheese-eating frog-
ass kissin' friend was found on another newsgroup. It seems we
have a trend here?

Subject: Microwave oven went KAPUT! What went wrong?
Newsgroup: sci.electronics.repair
Author: Bob Ladbury
My wife just toasted a couple of rice crackers and cheese
(on a regular plate) in our Samsung microwave oven. The
thing seemed to have caught on fire inside the oven, but as
there was no metal on any of the food or plate, I don't think
that caused it. There was a wild flash, buzzing noises, then
before I had the chance to run to the circuit breaker, things
died down...

The man's a gawdam firebug.! Don't let him near anything with
a power cord in your house!