Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

Richard Crowley wrote:
wrote ...
No, it hasn't. The "troll theory" was only trotted out
in mid-stream, after some truly dumbas fool among
you got so shocked by the idea that a fuse can be
audible, they figured no one could be crazy enough to
admit this could be true.

FYI: the newsgroup news:rec.audio.opinion was created
specifically for discussion of "audible fuses" and other
such dubious things.

Perhaps you didn't notice that this is a "tech" newsgroup.
If you had lurked for a day or two, or had done any sort
of research, you would have known that your claim of
"audible fuses" would find virtually no takers here.

Perhaps YOU didn't notice, simple Simon, that my original post in this
thread was a query of a technical nature, and that the question of the
audibility of fuses was raised by some technogeek, not unlike yourself
I'm sure, who had a problem with a small part of my query in which I
mentioned this aspect of the fuse in passing. Perhaps you also didn't
notice I pointed this out five times in this thread to others. Perhaps
you also didn't notice that I wrote in my last message in this thread,
I am not LOOKING for "takers", as you call it. That I could not care
less which one of you fools does or doesn't believe whatever I or
anyone says. As for "virtually no takers", there are about 90 responses
to my original message. Why don't you take another look at what you
just said, you stupid nitwit.

Please learn to read before you comment or better yet, shut the heck up
if you have nothing worth saying. And have a nice day.