Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

But my local engineer or contractor HELPED me solder the jumper wire
across the fuse holder contacts? (Just kidding!). Thanks for taking the
time to explain in detail the many ways I might fry using solder for a
fuse bridge. Although honestly, I think your doomsday scenarios are a
little far fetched and unlikely to occur (ie.: were talking about
equipment thats over 25 years old; if there was a defect in production,
I think 25 years is enough to flush it out!),

On the contrary, it is getting just old enough for the electrolytic
capacitors to short.

BTW, it's been evident all along that you're probably putting us on. But
for the sake of the audience I tried to discuss the technical issue that you
brought up.