Kalman Rubinson

Default When did home theater take over?

On 26 Dec 2003 04:55:47 -0800, (Bob-Stanton)
wrote:

At the time, I had reservations about 5.1 channels. I wanted to try it
for home theater, but I wasn't sure I would like it very well. I
didn't want to spend a lot just to find out if I would like it. At the
time, surround sound processors and amplifiers were *quite a bit more*
than $300. So, I put together a 5.1-way system from existing
equipment. Because I already had some old powered speakers for the
rear channels, *my total cost was only $15*, (for a cable to go the
the rear).

Good move. I, too, lashed up my first MCH systems from the closet
cache until I convinced myself it was worth a real investment.

Kal