chexxon

Default When did home theater take over?

Kalman Rubinson wrote in message . ..

OTOH, multichannel music systems, of quality, are the best music
reproduction today.

Kal

That may be true, but multi-channel music systems aren't what's being
sold in the stores these days. What's being sold are multi-channel
*movie* systems. For multi-channel music, you need a center-channel
speaker that's good for more than just dialogue. It should be on par
with the left and right speakers! In fact, shouldn't all the speakers
be identical aside from the subwoofer? And shouldn't the
amplification for each channel be identical as well?

I have nothing against movie systems, but since I'm not exactly a
movie buff, I don't want to spend my money on a system that's
optimized for movies rather than music. I guess it's a good thing my
current stereo still works .

* Chexxon