Don Pearce

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:44:47 -0000, "Keith G"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote

Just had a listen to the first one on my nice Stax headphones, and I
have to say - very scratchy. The first fairly quiet bit is badly
marred by a forest of crackly background.

No need to allow for MP3 either - quite a nice transcription of the
original.

Oops!

Scrub all that - I've just played 'em myself and they sound like ****e!

The deck is 'sizzling' throughout - I had forgotten that!! (It was doing
that for a while - an earthing thing - came and went...)

I still don't think think they are 'scratchy' as such, though!

Anyway, 'nuff said - carry on as you were....!!

:-)

Yeah I heard the sizzling, but I was ignoring that - I presumed
something was wrong somewhere. But the crackly background is something
else - very noticeably there.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com