Stewart Pinkerton

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:06:10 -0500, "cowboy"
cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 02:36:17 +1100, Patrick Turner
wrote:

Vinyl refuses to go entirely away.

Gettin' darned close these days..... :-)

When its really good, and by no means is it ever always good,
its bleedin fabulous, and the same might be said about digital,
but I don't know many who'd say that digital will always be better than
the best
from vinyl..

The best digital always will be.

Pinkerton:

we could actually take you much more seriously on the subject of digital vs.
vinyl, if it weren't for the fact that your ears are too tone-deaf to hear
the day & night superiority of the musicality of tubes over the relatively
ugly harsh sound of even the best solid state gear.

Actually, you should take me seriously *because* I can hear past the
mush and warmth of tubes, to the crystal clarity and accurate
reproduction of SS!

I am not saying that
vinyl is superior to digital, but rather just saying that Pinky is
ill-equipped to hear the differences, he has no credibility if he can't even
hear that tubes sound better than transistors.

This group would not even exist, if not for the fact that a lot of people in
the world have the ears to hear the huge difference between tubes and solid
state.

There are also 'Elvis lives' groups, with similar credibility.......

It is sad that you must have used a circular saw too much in your youth, and
can nowadays not hear the harshness of even the best solid state equipment.
If transistors and negative feedback were good things, no one in their right
mind would put up with tubes, tube reliability, tube efficiency, tube
testers or any of this mess.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. Now, if you were to put up
*any* kind of credible argument, that might be more productive than
these shrill cries of "you must be deaf if you don't prefer toobs!"

It hurts my heart that you haven't discovered the magic of tubes,

I discovered that in the sixties, and then I progressed from magic to
better engineering - like the rest of the world.

reminds me
of a friend who has never been fortunate enough to make love to a beautiful
woman,

Personally, I prefer a truly sensual and experienced woman, but
whatever blows your skirt up. IME, the beautiful ones are too
self-absorbed, and just hate to mess up their appearance with anything
that might involve some sweating and makeup-smearing............

I can describe it to him, but he will never understand what all the
fuss is about until he experiences it and the magic will have taken him in.
Great food is another analogy, one can say great food is over-rated, only
until they experience it and it clicks in their brain that they have been
missing a huge something all these years.

You have been missing the purity of good SS, but it's hard to explain
a sunset to those with no vision.