Stewart Pinkerton

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:04:58 -0800, "tubesforall"
wrote:

THis is after all tube group--and I agree that tubes do sound better than
SS. I use SET 45 tube and SET 2A3 tube amps for all my playback.

It is indeed a tube group, but surely just for nostalgic anacrophiles?
After all, no one *seriously* thinks that tubes are *better* in any
real-world way than SS, do they?

I've never understand why SS could not sound as good--but I suspect it has
to do with the requirement of NFB in the design.

There is no such requirement, if you agree that local degeneration is
the same as what happens *inside* a 300B.