John Byrns

In article , Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On 7 Mar 2005 10:56:21 -0800, "Joseph Meditz"
wrote:

Although the OP is tangled up in his own underwear, I think that he's
alluding to the relationship between sampling rate and quantization
noise.

That would still imply significant tangling, since there exists no
such relationship. Quantisation noise as a signal-correlated artifact
is completely removed by the correct use of around 1/2 LSB of dither.
This has nothing to do with sample rate.

I wonder if the fact that sampling rate can be traded for quantization
levels by techniques such as noise shaping might be what has Joseph and
the others getting all "tangled up in their underwear"?

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/