Rich Andrews.

Default vertical arrays

François Yves Le Gal wrote in
:

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:47:48 -0000, "Rich Andrews."

wrote:

I have been looking at various speaker designs and wondered why more

people
don't build or produce vertical arrays.

Most people follow the herd.

Is it the cost involved or the size or ???

Both are limiting factors. You should add that very few system

simulation
software deal with arrays, and, that, at the commercial level, the

excellent
so-called "Bessel array" is covered by a number of Philips patents.

A Bessel array is usually a horizontal array. As far as simulation
software goes, you are correct. I have not found a room simulation
program that dealt with arrays.

They certainly seem to have a number of good characteristics.

And a number of poor ones.

Such as?