Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

On Monday, March 25, 2019 at 1:40:20 PM UTC-4, nickbatz wrote:
Now, I also have to double back and say that if you're after a totally realistic orchestral MIDI mock-up, the most accurate *environment* emulation is Vienna Symphonic Library's MIR with their libraries (MIR = Multiple Impulse Response). It's pretty stunning.

(I'm not saying their libraries are the most "accurate," because that's highly subjective and dependent on what you're doing; most musicians who do that use a combination of libraries, as I said.)

Yeah, I never went for that MIR stuff. I don't really care what the Vienna Symphony Hall sounds like, or what you think your algorithm thinks it sounds like. I think that whole thing was marketing chatter.

Off the point here, but had to toss that in.