Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob Big Bad Bob is offline

Default BIAS regulation Electro Harmonix KT90 vs Jinvina KT90

On 02/14/17 06:53, Peter Wieck so wittily quipped:
On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 9:42:35 AM UTC-5, Big Bad Bob wrote:
On 02/13/17 04:20, Peter Wieck so wittily quipped:
I suggest you find someone specifically familiar with this amp and have them walk you through the bias process.

sometimes I forget that not everyone who would be into tube amps is a
qualified electronics engineer...

Normally, I would point out the process and try to walk someone through it. However, this is a Chinese amp with all that implies. So, find a tech, have that tech walk the OP through the process so that he will be able to do it himself in the future. Fixed Bias in tube amps is an ongoing process. Those who would not learn to do it for themselves ought not to own a Fixed Bias device.

I have to wonder whether or not a 'hybrid' design (part fixed, part
cathode) might be better...