Posted to rec.audio.pro
flatfish+++[_3_] flatfish+++[_3_] is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On 2014-12-06 19:30:57 -0800, flatfish+++ said:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 14:17:00 +1300, geoff wrote:

On 7/12/2014 8:57 a.m., Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:

Most of these 'sounds' are EXTERNAL to the core DAW itself, and are
third-party plug-ins which can be added to, replace, or deleted.

geoff

Here is a thread in GS discussing "sounds"...
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/musi...endations.html

Thanks, Flatfish.

Wow, that's quite a list! I haven't even heard of most of those
collections of sounds. Sounds like some obscure collections of sounds!

Actually many of those "sounds" are used to make the music you are
listening to on the radio.

It could take me weeks to go through all those collections!

Welcome to the world of electronic music.
That's just the way it is.

If you want a well rounded collection with just about every kind of
sound known to mankind, get Komplete. Even the lighter versions cover
just about all bases.
However, you will still have to fish through the thousands of sounds
to find what you are looking for although they are grouped for easy
searching.

If you are looking for free, try this site:

http://www.vstwarehouse.com/

I downloaded Zebralette after reading that thread. But Zebraletter has
a complex, 26-page manaul and requires a separate program to hear the
sounds and it requires all sorts of adjusttments that would take a ton
of time just of test that one collection out of the dozens listed in
the thread.

Sounds like you need to hire a band because if you are not willing to
take the time to learn the program properly, it's highly unlikely you
will ever find what you are looking for.

What I'm looking for is collections I can download into Garageband and
test in Garageband by playing a note or a chord on my controller. Or
better yet, to be able to hear audio clips on the manufacturers' Web
sites by pressing the play button, like I can in the Apple site for
Logic Pro clips.

Also, I'm not interested in adjusting waveforms to come up with new
sounds. I'm looking for pre-set instrument sounds that I can just
play as they are (except for maybe boosting the reverb and echo or
adjusting the arpeggiator like I can do in Garageband to get an
instrument to sound better.

Tom

All of that takes time.
There is no magic wand.
About the best you can hope for is that when you purchase high
quality ($$$$$) libraries, the pre-set sounds are usually quite good
and tweaking the sound is not a necessity.

What you do is spend the time locating the instruments you are likely
to use for your music and then set up templates in your DAW to
automatically load those instruments to the appropriate tracks.

Another alternative is to purchase a hardware module like the Roland
Integra -7 which has more sounds than most people can use in a
lifetime.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/1245/462

--
flatfish+++

Linux: The Operating System That Put The City Of Munich Out Of
Business.
Before Switching To Linux Read This:
http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux...current.htm l