Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bob Lombard[_3_] Bob Lombard[_3_] is offline

Default Surround Sound

On 10/31/2013 6:49 PM, Audio_Empire wrote:
On Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:10:11 AM UTC-7, Scott wrote:
You can not accurately reproduce an original sound field other than to accurately reproduce the original event in the original space.

Isn't that sort of like saying that in order to "reproduce" an original sound field, one would need an
infinite number of channels? I believe that Bell Labs came to that conclusion back in the 1930's.

Bell Labs in the 1930s? How much to their opinions on technology have
to do with the 2nd decade of the 21st C.?

Yep, I'm suggesting that reactionary thinking may be present here.

---