Captain Howdy

Default Amps, more argument!

I can see that. I always stood by the idea of more power the better. I just
think that people can get the wrong idea with this topic and think that a
low end amp is just as good as a high end amp in the same class. very
misleading.

The purpose is not a trivial one. Rather, it's in response to the COMMON
notion that there are significant differences in the signals reproduced by
amplifiers by virtue of their name alone. Well, it's important to dispel
this myth because this factor influences many buyers' decisions. In fact,
it even makes people buy the wrong amp sometimes, or spend considerably more
money for no good reason. I've seen too many instances where someone will
cast aside buying a 125x2 Orion, with all the crossover controls they'd want
and at a great price, and instead buy a 30x2 Zapco because it "sounds
better".