Posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf gray_wolf is offline

Default How does one go about selling a song?

On 7/30/2019 2:18 PM, Bob Olhsson wrote:
The old-timers have told me that the ideal is a simple self-accompanied vocal provided the song is good enough. Good enough is the catch. The only songs anybody is likely to record is something significantly better than what they or their friends can come up with. That's a high bar.

That's a good point. When I was there I heard many a producer say that nobody
could predict a hit. Are the major labels still the mass producers or are
independents getting their share? I see some classical guitarists on Youtube
selling their CDs. Apparently some are successful to a degree. Of course being
concert artists no doubt helps their sales.