Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Diode Question

mcp6453 wrote:
On 3/31/2021 8:18 PM, wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:

It's silly, but I'm restoring an old amp that uses them, yadda, yadda,
yadda.

** Which old amp ? You only find 4007s in tube gear.

Think I have seen glass versions somewhere, in an old amp from Japan.

.... Phil

They're in a Leslie 122RV amp. They must not be original.

And they are open or noisy?

According to the Leslie docs those are 525-212 diodes. That would have
been an 800V diode from RCA, I think. Not exactly a 1N4007, but it would
be reasonable to replace them with 1N4007s which will be more rugged.

Looks like the highest voltage thing I see in any glass package today
is the BAV21 at 250V.