Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default Pultec EQP clone problem

gareth magennis is a total IDIOT wrote:

==================================

** You said *nothing of the sort* - you pathetic bull**** artist.

Got a broom handy - know how to use it?

Oh well, I tried.

** ROTFL !!!!

The only thing this tedious prick " tried " was to bull**** his way out of admitting his massive incompetency.

OK, briefly,

I talked at length to the customer today.
His experience of this "motorboating" was an oscillation around 90 Hz.

** Jesus ****ing Christ - STOP using the wrong names for things. !!

Does a motorboat sound like a 90 Hz tone to you ???

I had an email converation with the company today.
They say they had problems with the first batch of units that would oscillate around 90 Hz when connected to a remote patchbay.

** Absolute ******** !!!

I was incorrect in assuming this mod was to guard against HF oscillations.

** That may be the one thing you got correct.

2. The thing with the added capacitors and resistors is to properly load the output stages, which would solve a buzz you might hear if you run long output cables.

** So it is now a "buzz" - not a motorboat sound.

Sounds *hell of a lot* like " parasitic oscillations " which can be discontinuous.

If so, despite being in the supersonic range may generate an audible buzz at some rate.

FFS leave audio alone, your broom awaits.

....... Phil