Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Shure SM53 Grill Repair

Based on my experiences in the last year, I suspect that Rode is a LOT more
customer-oriented than Shure is, at the moment. That's just a guess, though.

On 4/27/2012 11:37 AM, Tobiah wrote:
I emailed RØDE and told them I had a dented grill and
asked whether it was possible to get it replaced. They just sent
me the whole outer body without a word or charge.

On 04/26/2012 04:59 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
Does anyone know how the grill on a Shure SM53 is attached to the assembly?
There is a ring inside along with the sheet that controls plosives. It seems to
be glued in.

The grill is dented, but it can be pushed out if I can get to it. At this point,
it looks like it's a no-go as I may have to destroy the "sheet" to get to the
grill.