Steve King

"Truth" wrote in message
I thought this would be a great idea since there are no parallel walls.
But it is roughly approaching a "round" floorplan. And I learned from
people that a concave "round shape" is terrible for a room.

So would you give this shape a thumbs-up or thumbs-down?
(I'm building an iso-booth this week).

With the right acoustical treatment, I have never had problems with any
room, no matter what the size or shape.

I guess we'd have to know what kind of material you record to understand why
you make that assertion. IMO, for many recordings the room is an important
part of the sound. Further, where that applies, some rooms simply cannot be
'fixed'. Of course, they can be made to essentially disappear from the
recording, but that can be a bad thing. If you're recording mostly direct
or close-miked instruments you can get away with a lot. Before I had the
experience of working day-in and day-out in a really well proportioned
studio of sufficient size to provide a variety of acoustic areas, I had no
idea how much the room affected the results and how much easier it became to
do first rate work.

Steve King