Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Amar Bose dead at 83

"Muck Krieger"
Phil Allison wrote:
Muck Krieger wrote:

At audio-shows here in Europe, there is often told from an event at the
CES in the 1970ies ... Paul Klipsch sees Mr Bose entering the big hall,
and he adresses him with the words "Hey Amar, are you still building
these weird speakers?" ... and Amar turns around and shouts into the
corner "Yes, of course, Paul!"

** ROTFLMAO !!

I really hope that anecdote is TRUE !!!

Well, I first heard it from Ken Kessler - so it most definitely is not.
But sorry to whoever made it up, I have missed an important detail,
Paul Klipsch formed his hands to a horn when he spoke, naturally.

** I met a young guy once who had a pair of Klipsch La Scalas
( rated at 104dB/W/m ) in his bedroom at his parent's home.

http://www.soundscapehifi.com/images...la-1-3_LRG.jpg

Sitting on the floor next to them was a Bose 1801 amp.

..... Phil