Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Doe[_2_] John Doe[_2_] is offline

Default Digital noise from speakers in flight simulator (X-Plane)

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

John Doe wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

I would have immediately fixed the thing (using capacitors on the
input as described by Mike) if it made sense to do that. It makes
no sense to me until I figure out what the problem is and why it
is not commonly discussed on the Internet. There are hundreds of
millions of gamers. They do not fix ground loops with
transformers or capacitors.

You are confusing us again. I am the one who suggested the shunt
caps.

If us were paying attention, us would know us already confronted me
on that issue.

The shunt caps will reduce RF, they don't do anything about the
ground loop.

Well that's good, since it's definitely not a low-frequency
oscillation.

This IS very commonly discussed on the internet, people are
CONSTANTLY complaining about noise in situations like this.

Then you should have no trouble providing citations in which the
recommended solution to a PC sound problem is a "transformer
isolation box".