Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:53:30 GMT

On 2005-06-24
said:
That year they build a traditional Georgia "dog trot" house which
has an entrance at either end a few steps up from the ground. They
were required to build a wheelchair ramp for it even though it
wasn't meant to be walked through by the visitors. That rapidly
became a Pargo ramp for the grounds crew who took great sport in
driving up the ramp, through the house, and trying to get up enough
speed to clear the steps on the other end. --

Hey that's about like a place downtown NEw Orleans where I see a set
of steps going into a skywalk system and no possibility of an elevator
there. GUess what gets you to the steps? YOu got it, a wheelchair
ramp.

tHen there's the places where my lady can go in fine, but if she
wishes to use the ladies' room independently it's nigh on impossible
with her wheelchair. sHE can't open the door and get herself through
it, then when she does she can't get to the sink.

Then there's a hospital where I volunteer regularly. THe wheelchair
accessible buttons are brailled, not the ones on the other end of the
elevator. Hmmm, awkward reading braille down near your belt.

GUess they figure all blind folks are in wheelchairs grin.

Maybe I should sue under ADA because I can't be hired as a truck
driver smirk

Richard Webb,
Electric SPider Productions, New Orleans, La.
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

CON is the opposite of PRO - i.e. Congress and Progress