Mike Rivers

In article .com writes:

i find in feedback-prone situations, i find it helps to max-out the
power amp volume, and then keep the mixer gain knobs low, rather than
trying some sort of 50/50 gain stage thing. i don't know if there's
any science behind this, but it works for me.

It must be a psychoacoustical effect. g

There's no technical reason why this should reduce the tendency to
feed back, unless there's some very large phase shift associated with
the amplifier's input attenuator or mixer's main output fader.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )