bxboy3191 bxboy3191 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Noble[_2_] View Post
you don't say what kind of noise - sometimes the fans pick up a lot of crud
and cleaning the blades can help - if it's bearing noise, try oiling the
bearings, if it's a bushing type fan, check for free play, if there is much,
replace fans

"Charles Packer" wrote in message
The cooling fans in my Adcom GFA5800 are noisier than
they were last year at similar ambient temeprature levels.
I learned from a search of related postings here that
there is a fan for each channel. Does anybody know if
it's practical to replace them? I bought this unit used
over 10 years ago and it's served me well. I queried
Adcom about this but they never replied.

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews