Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisCoaster ChrisCoaster is offline

Default Avatar's sound track

On Jan 6, 6:32*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
It's ironic, Scott, and I did notice this -- movies are more
intelligible with a full [setup] (with center/dialogue spkr as our
across-the-pond friend calls it), but music is more intelligible
WITHOUT the center, in surround! Is that just because of diffs
in the way music and films are mixed??

If the Center or Dialog speaker isn't identical to the Left and Right, the
imaging might be degraded. This is one of the reasons I don't use a Dialog
speaker.

________
If you read carefully you may notice I said that the center - in my
setup at least, greatly benefits movies & tv shows but seems to have
the opposite effect when listening to music, excepting country/
western, where the lead vocal is given "space" in the mix. Anything
else, from Katy Perry to Taio Cruz, and they sound drowned, esp with
the amount of stuff sent to surrounds!(Pro Logic for 2ch sources)