Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Charles Packer Charles Packer is offline

Default Adcom cooling fan noise

On Mar 29, 6:57 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
Bias setting shifting, and current drain growing?

There is a failure mode in fans where the bearing friction increases, and
the current draw goes way up. Waaay up! I've seen a 12v CPU fan motor take
out the 12 volt supply on a desktop PC. I saw this happen last week. Most
of those PC power supplies can put out 12 amps or more at 12 volts.

Yikes, this would call for immediate investigation.
I hope the fans are reasonably accessible when I
lift out the 50-pound behemoth from its shelf and
take off the covers.

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews